We got new sheets this weekend, and I opted not to use our duvet when I made the bed, as I have had some trouble sleeping in the heat — despite the ever-present air conditioning. This meant that I was short two pillowcases, so I made some.
They don’t match exactly, but they contrast in a weirdly pleasant way (and are blue, despite looking black in the photo). The pair took 2 1/2 yards of quilting cotton, and took less than 1 1/2 hours to make, including time spent pressing the fabric and cutting them out!
It felt nice to accomplish something with a concrete end product. And check out my ridiculous Scandinavian hipster style!